Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Soup Sandwiches

Do you ever find that the people that know the least are the ones that voice their opinion the most? Just because you’re in peoples faces and loud when you do it doesn’t make you right. I had a Pastor when I was 14 who used to say, “you’re running off at the mouth like a soup sandwich.” I know a lot of believers that are guilty of that! I personally believe those who are not well versed and not sound in their doctrine tend to be cocky in their ignorance! Which DRIVES me crazy. I can't stand arrogant ignorance and potential harm that comes from that! There is a reason why people don’t want any part of Christianity it’s due to the actions of some Christians. We tend to think we know it all when in reality we know very little. Not only do we think we have the corner on the Bible, God & Heaven we have to remind everyone that we do and they don’t!
James Ch 1: 19-20 tells us this:
Understand [this], my beloved brethren. Let every man be quick to hear [a ready listener], slow to speak. . .
That seems pretty cut and dry to me. Being a good listener is far better than thinking you have all the answers and rhyming them off to people when all they really need is an ear. Have you ever noticed that when people are going through something and they want to vent 9 times out of 10 they are not looking for you to “fix” anything they just want you to listen and hear where they are. Which brings me to my next scripture…
Proverbs 4:7
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
We should be striving toward wisdom and understanding. Not being content to live our days as the “know it alls” who talk a big talk but don’t always walk it! I think we need to start meeting people where they are, not with our, “I’m better then you” attitudes but with wisdom and understanding showing love & mercy not judgment.

Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people.
- William Butler Yeats

1 comment:

  1. Donna Boyd So true Michelle ... so true!!! We are to quick to judge others 99.5% of the time. If we would only understand that its ONLY because of God's GRACE that we stand .... We are only called to love NOT judge

    ReplyDelete