Thursday, March 7, 2013

I'm a wrestling fan and I have a brain.

So William Moody, aka 'Paul Bearer,' of wrestling fame died,Tuesday, March 5 2013 at age 58. The pasty-faced, urn-carrying manager / “father” of The Undertaker and you know my favorite Kane, died due to a blood clot.



Something you may not have known. - Moody actually had a degree in mortuary science and was a licensed funeral director and embalmer.

When he passed the social media was filled with remember whens, RIP messages and messages of prayers for those he left behind. A general sense of sympathy and sorry filled the media from fans.


However, there are some fans that fit the bill of The Simpsons episode last week regarding wrestling. When it was said mockingly that wrestling is real. "If it wasn't real, all wrestling fans would be morons."  I don't watch The Simpsons nor did I watch that episode. . . but heard it referenced more than once here is a clip of it...





While it was nice to see the general sense of loss from the fans at the passing of “Paul Bearer” I was astounded at other fans that had no clue how to respond to the loss! Thus feeding into the “moron fan” theory from The Simpsons! Fans saying oh well he was already dead in a story line! Come On, Seriously! To quote one of the fans “I thought Edge already pushed him from the ladder and killed him good job Edge he was alive all these days.” My head is shaking as my fingers hit my keys.

I enjoy wrestling both the sport and the drama of the story lines! That said some of the things about the fans drive me nuts!!! Like when fans appear to not realize the difference between a story line and reality. The fact that a human passed should never be made light of. He was a soul that left this earth and will be missed by many! It's not a story line it's a real loss. (I could mention other times when story line and reality blurred. The first that comes to mind is the Jack & Zeb story line & Jack drinking & driving reality were blurred by many. There are more accounts but you get the idea...)

I guess my bottom line is as a fan you should know the difference between story lines and reality and not mix the two. When they get mixed up it makes all the fans look like they don't live in reality! I for one don't want to be in the MORON FAN club please don't help to put me there.


No comments:

Post a Comment