Monday, January 16, 2012

So I really hurt myself today!

I was talking to some else that has Graves Disease the other day saying even on my meds I still have insomnia and wake often in the night and find it hard to get out of bed in the AM! Then I’m over tired and find it hard to focus on any given task...and not a lot of people get it! It’s only my thyroid there is a lot of people out there with thyroid issues! I guess I feel like I don't even own my body anymore...that said I still managed to hurt it even though I don't feel like I own it!

Anyway I had a visit with one of my clients this morning. I did a 27 month developmental assessment with them. So I had a bag of tricks with me for that along with some other things to have fun with while I was there. She also returned a toy I left last time. So my bag was nice and over filled when I left.

When leaving I put didn’t put it behind me in the back as I usually do. Nope I was clever and put it on the passenger’s side on the floor. So I arrived back at work and was collecting all my stuff to bring in (besides the work bag I had my own bag and a Sobeys bag with my lunch). I leaned over my seat with the arm rest down and went to grab my work bag and couldn’t reach it. I tried this trick several times and on the final time I not only didn’t retrieve the bag but I hurt myself some how so bad that it took my breath. I had to get out of the van hold my chest and side until I could handle the pain. I got back in the van facing the passenger’s seat put my arm rest up and retrieved the bag. That was about 10am this morning…now at 8:30pm tonight it is still wicked sore! Front, side and back on my right upper area! Oh and I didn’t hear any cracks of the sort so it’s not my ribs!

This story is told so I can pose a question…do I use ice, heat or both to relieve some of the pain???

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you pulled something! :(. Maybe a drink and some heat!! Lol feel better soon!! Norah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Norah....I just took some Tylenol and I'm going to take a hot bath & see how it goes from there!

    ReplyDelete