Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Heavy Loads

Do you ever think sometimes your load is just too heavy? That nobody should have to carry so much. I have to admit I feel weary lately. Letting the cares of this life weigh me down. Today I had another “incident” that was a weight on my shoulders. I really am doing battle - the living breathing family kind of battle - it's really NOT COOL! I have already addressed the issue and feel as if I shouldn’t have to explain myself any longer. So in an attempt to not lash out at the person giving me grief I choose to turn to the scripture and just read, to help me regroup and refocus. I’m not at all surprised at what I opened to.

Matthew 11:28-30 Amplified Version
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. {I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.}
Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest {relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet} for your souls.
For My yoke is wholesome {useful, good- not harsh, hard, sharp or pressing, but comfortable, gracious and pleasant}, and My burden is light and easy to be borne.

I can honestly say I sighed with relief when I read that! So much in life can be a struggle. Life can be hard at the best of times! I’m so glad there is rest in God. That when we think that we just can’t do it anymore we can turn to him who isn’t burdensome. Turn to him who brings refreshment to our soul.

I know you’re thinking I hate religion, Michelle and I want no part of that God stuff. I’ll let you in on a secret I hate religion too. Religious rules and regulations can be harsh and pressing, and bring death to your spirit. However, God isn’t like that. In this scripture he’s telling us that we can find comfort in him, that his burden is light! YEAH, THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! I’ll take a double double of refreshment, recreation and blessed quiet for my soul thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Victor Osmond WHO , IF I MAY ASK, IS THE "WOMAN" MIDDLEAGED? hehe..deff not u hun.. hehe

    Michelle Carmichael Listen kid thanks for the compliment but.....born in 69 kinda makes me middle aged! :) And I'm ok with that!!! I still act, look and think I'm 19 OF COURSE but the birth certificate tells me different. lol

    Angela Kennedy Greenslade Very Good Ravings :)

    Michelle Carmichael Thanks Ang! :) Miss you!

    Randy Munro Michelle , May all your Heavy and Stressful Burden Fall upon The Lord , He Never Sleeps and Forgives us all , Those who Love and Praise Him , I have been through many So called tough times , and at first , it seems so unattainable , But with The Lord our God all things are Possible !! God Bless

    Victor Osmond ‎{" RIGHTIOUS"}.. BRUTHA..

    Linda Marlene Klassen very intersting ..

    Victor Osmond I WAS BOURN IN 74 AND I DO NOT CONSIDER MYSELF, "MIDDLE-AGED... hehehe...

    Michelle Carmichael Really 74 you must still be wearing diapers!!! lol

    Victor Osmond HEHEHE... LOL LMAO.. HEHE..

    Victor Osmond I WAS WONDERING WHEN YOU WERE GOING TO GET AROUND TO "THAT"!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete