Friday, March 11, 2011

Let's Dance!

My friend Jennifer’s status: Christian (her little boy) just informed me that he doesn't need music to dance! How awesome is that!!!!!!
Here’s the deal if we wait for the music and the song to be just right we may never dance!!! We humans tend to have a lot of ifs in our lives. If I’m not being stressed by my extended family, if I had more money. If the kids would just listen once!!!! You know all the ifs ifs ifs…..
The bottom line is if we look there is something to be joyful about everyday! There is something to sing and dance about everyday!!
Scripture says; This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. - Psalm 118:24
We need to stop waiting to have joy tomorrow! Instead seize the day and dance up a storm of joy!!!
Every new day brings a chance for us to draw in a breath, kick off our shoes, and dance even if they’re not playing our song!!! (slightly adapted fr an Oprah Winfrey quote)
So why not forget the struggles today & dance, it might become contagious!!!

3 comments:

  1. You had me til you mentioned the 'AntiChrist'...no wait; the 'False Prophet'...Oprah...LOL...other than that, you're a good writer, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I'm not a big fan of "You Know Who" either but it was a good quote so I had to give credit where credit was due even if I made the quote better! ;^) Thanks for the compliment. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joelle Anderson Lackie With a sleep over and a house full of kiddies, I recommend you dance early in the day cause you are going to be very tired later! Just sayin'
    xoxox

    Michelle Carmichael I did put my music on and dance! lol Josiah is like Mom I didn't know you had so many moves he's like this is my best move and he proceeds to do the robot! lol The party has started already the girls have been here since 11 & Logan is arriving at 1. We just finished having pizza!

    ReplyDelete