Saturday, March 12, 2011

It’s Spring…new life has begun!!!



It’s Spring…new life has begun!!!

The Canadian Farmers’ Almanac predicted that Old Man Winter would make a comeback, bringing back much colder conditions during 2010-11, particularly to the eastern half of the country. Applying their secret formula, they believed this winter season would display a split personality nationwide, with unseasonably cold temperatures in Newfoundland, Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, southern and eastern Quebec, and southeast Ontario. The Maritime Provinces and the Gaspé Peninsula will experience particularly frigid temperatures; the equivalent of a cold slap in the face, after last winter’s relatively balmy conditions. Blah, blah, blah!!! So they were right and it may say that there is still several storms to come! I’m still hopeful! I have my heat off today and my windows open letting the fresh air of spring envelope my house!!!
Pending storms aside there is something hopeful about spring…New growth, new life, death being defeated, a promise of new life everywhere you look!
I have a Alternative Christian band I listen to Disciple…they sing a song Phoenix Rising. I've kind of made it my theme song these days. I hope you listen to it and enjoy it! I'm glad we can forget those things that are behind us and press on toward the mark. Even when life let's you down remember, "never forget just who you are, cut your name inside my heart!"

2 comments:

  1. I've been telling Brad for at least half a year that I wanted to get a Phoenix tat. I seen my friend Sam last weekend she is like; "oh I got to show you something" she got a Phoenix tat!!! Well, shut up!!! I sooo want it. So she is giving me the drawing she did for the tattoo guy sooo maybe we'll have matching Phoenix tats! We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victor Osmond now, that was a "surprise", i don" no why? but it is... i guess i thought your music wud hav been diff. than mine... again i don" no why???

    Michelle Carmichael Hahaha Nope I'm a rocker baby! That will NEVER change!!!

    Angela Kennedy Greenslade Michelle..You get that tat :) Janelle's first one was of a Phoenix and it is really nice.

    Michelle Carmichael I just might!

    Victor Osmond HEHEHE! SURPRISING, "INDEED..

    Michelle Carmichael Sam got her's on her side I was thinking my shoulder blade but...I don't know if it will match well with my lower back tat or not....

    ReplyDelete