Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rogers, Warranties & Refurbs





So this one is about Rogers....I love Rogers I've been a faithful Rog customer for years! Landline, cable, internet and cell phones. So last January I became a proud owner of an iPhone 4s. Whoop Whoop very exciting. Then there was this sad day the end of September first of October when iOS update that basically fried my phone. It made it curl up in the fetal position and not move! SAD DAY! So Rogers sent it off and they sent me a “new” refurbished one to replace it...well it had it's issues also. Then by December it began to refuse to allow me to connect to locked Internets that I knew the passwords for like my home and my work. So off I took it to my Rogers girl here in Sussex who sent it off for repairs. Which I got a call regarding on Friday apparently what is wrong with my phone isn't under warranty and I am going to have to pay 70 some bucks for the repairs. Here's my beef with that...it wasn't my original phone... it was a refurbished phone they gave me that could very well of had this problem long before it became “my phone!” So it's kind of like they gave me a problem and then won't cover it under warranty . . .Would you rant or let it go. I am paying because I want my phone but should I have to pay is the question. I left Bell Aliant to go with Rogers years ago because I didn't like their service I really hope I don't have to do a switch again. That would be tremendously sucky because I like Rogers better and think they have better plans. I just don't agree with them not taking care of a refurbished phone they gave me.

The story continues...tonight February 17,2013 I went on Live Chat with Rogers and spoke to a Rogers representative named Adam. As it would turn out my phone warranty ran out on January 17, 2013. Which would of left it returning with the right code a few days late I assume. Originally sent with the wrong code the code of my original phone so they wouldn't touch it. Sent it back and it was resent with the right code...leaving it out of warranty.

Technically human error and no way to fix it! However as a courtesy, based on my loyalty and multiple issues, Adam offered me a $50 goodwill credit towards my account! Which I accepted I still love Rogers and I'm good with that!


2 comments:

  1. I never buy carrier phones. They are full of annoying apps and slow to be updated. I also never sign contracts. They protect the carrier, not the customer. A manufacturer warranty wouldn't give you a refurb phone. Rogers did that to save themselves money. You shouldn't have accepted it and should have threated to leave if they didn't fix it right. Leaving is the only leverage you have and you give that up if you sign a contract.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All true Tim! Thanks for the comment!
    Here is Tricia's comment I like hers too as she is a sympathetic voice ...

    Patricia Morris MacDonald Rogers gave you the phone, so they should pay to have it fixed. If this happened a year down the road, then I'd be more likely to say it's your responsibility, but you started having problems with the phone only a couple of months after they gave it to you.

    ReplyDelete