Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Helping kids take care of themselves




So a few months back I had mentioned I took a workshop to be a facilitator in the program “Kids Have Stress Too!”
Well I posted a couple of Toolbox Activities from that program…Today I’m going to give you number 3.

Kids need down time too! Here are some tools you can pass on to your kids when they are stressed out!

Taking Care of Me!

When I’m feeling tense and upset I can:
• Sing, jump, go for a walk, run or ride my bike.
• Play with a pet or a ball.
• Look at a book or draw a picture.
• Talk to someone I like.
• Listen to music.
• (add you own favorite thing to do)


To help myself feel better, I can:
• Go to sleep.
• Take some time out or enjoy quiet time.
• Talk to my stuffed animals.
• Talk nicely to myself.
• Put school things together the night before.
• Find something to enjoy each day.
• Do stretching or deep breathing to calm down.
• Punch or snuggle a pillow.
• (add your own favorite things to do)


No comments:

Post a Comment