Saturday, March 16, 2013

Cat Whisper. . . maybe



A few years back there was a lady moving who had two cats she couldn't take with her. So I decided that I would take them. Tiggs and Sophia. Tiggs passed but Sophia is still with me.

I don't have a lot of background information on Sophia other than she was a stray and found and took in by the lady I received her from.

It was quickly apparent that Sophia was abused. She was scared to death of everyone. If someone walked into my house she would run and literally poop and pee in fear as she ran.

I had never seen such a thing before. She wasn't a dirty cat that was apparent. She was a scared cat. If you've ever heard the saying “scaredy cat” she fit the bill BIG TIME.

So I had patience with her and tried to show her love. Even though some days I wanted to kill her because she was so dysfunctional and stressful!

Eventually she got over it I don't know exactly how but she did. She is still somewhat sketchy and scared of people but nothing like she was when she first arrived.

However, she has traded her fear for an obsession with her Momma, ME!
I tell her she has attachment disorder. If I'm sitting or laying she is all over me! ALL OVER ME! To the extent that some nights I don't get a good night sleep.


Documentation of her crazy behavior. . .1 Sharing my pillow,  2 & 3 tapping me to get my attention and  4 laying on my shoulder in bed.  

I don't know what to do with the girl some days!  I love her to death but she doesn't know the meaning of personal space!  I thought that cats were suppose to ignore you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment