Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Separation…who gets the family and friends

So here’s the deal….I’ve been separated since the first of Sept./09. I jokingly say I miss my dog and my dish washer the most!{well it's not a total joke I do miss the dog and the dish washer} Realistically what I miss most, the social butterfly that I am, is not knowing how to deal with family and friends anymore. Really are we suppose to split them down the middle? Do people now feel awkward befriending both of us. Or do family and friends become tail bearers running the rumour mill of he said, she said? Better yet he did, she did back and forth between us. I have to be honest, I felt like I was the one who left so I didn’t get the family and friends. Really somebody has to be the bad guy when a marriage ends. Everyone deals with life and loss differently and not always gracefully! So I have to admit when my ex would call me and say did you do this or that so and so told me I didn’t deal well with that. All our joint friends and family were keeping my ex posted on my comings and goings which made me feel like they were only my friends to be spies. Then I deleted all our common friends and family off of my Facebook. Really out of hurt and what I perceived as betrayal to our friendship. As it would turn out I received Spam on Facebook and in turn gave it to everyone else and couldn’t get it to go away…so I did the logical thing deactivated my account and started a new one. Now when I started the new one I went into live messenger (something I rarely use) and sent an invitation to all my friends on there….well being a spot that is rarely used the friends that had been deleted on Facebook were not deleted on messenger. So I have many of those friends back that I originally deleted out of awkwardness. AWKWARD! Soooo, what do I do now. I love my friends; I’ve always been a lover not a hater. That being said do they think I deleted because I didn’t like them, because that isn’t the truth….do they only want to be my friend because they are nosey I hope not. So I guess I will sit back and see if anyone talks to me. I would like to think if the shoe was on the other foot I would be considerate and thoughtful to them if they were going through similar circumstances. Anyway, it’s not always cut and dry when you separate. I’m not good at being the outsider. I’m not good with figuring how to make all this right. It’s a hard deal. Blessings till next rave. . . . .

3 comments:

  1. at least you did not do what i did after me and sue went our different ways. i moved 1500 miles away and did 4 diferent countries, to redefine myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your friends will care about YOU...not what you're doing, or who you used to be as a couple...when Stephen and I broke up after only 4yrs, I decided to get all new friends!!! Guess what, those pple I left behind (my true friends) decided I was worth keeping, and made the effort to become part of the new me. They coached me through difficult decisions, and made sure to tell those left behind that my life was becoming my own, and wasn't there as a source of information for the ex...you have some great friends out there who recognize you as a person, not as the other half of that couple...you go girl!! I love your courage, and your faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your encouragement folks. I still find like I'm living a bad country music song. Lost my dog, family and friends! hahaha Oh well it happens I guess.

    ReplyDelete