Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 3 of my meds & a great guy named Brad :-)

So it's day 3 of my meds for Graves Disease and I'm starting to feel better already. Was I out of breath dragging my stuff up to the third floor for a 24hr shift? Yes. Are my legs still swollen? Yes, however they aren't as swollen as they were last Saturday so I'm pleased with that. The Dr told me I wouldn't be all better by Christmas but I should be feeling a difference and that I am. Oh I'm still roasted while everyone else is freezing! As I sit here typing I can almost feel the heat coming from me... turn off the heaters I'll keep the house warm! It's funny there are two things about this disease that disappoints me...most people lose weight when they have it and I'm the luck rare gain weight girl! Hooray for me. The other is the thing I'm going to miss when I'm regulated; I'll be cold all the time again. I kind of liked not being cold. Did I mention that Brad was the best with me during this journey? He still tells me I'm beautiful with swollen eyes and legs. He took off work to come with me to hold my hand while I had my tests. Sat with me and told me it was going to be fine. I’m so grateful for his support, love & strength. So here’s the thinks I’m thankful for on this Christmas eve, My children, My Brad ;^), Answered prayer, The wisdom of the Doctors, medication to control my disease & all my friends & family who give me love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment