Monday, February 4, 2013

Infant Mental Health

So as of today I am finished my Infant Mental Health Course! Whoop Whoop! I sent my last assignment out just before noon!

Infant Mental Health York University




Since the fall of 2011 one of my co-workers and I have been taking an online course from York University.
This Program is designed to provide front-line service providers with essential knowledge and practical skills to encourage positive parent-infant interactions and promote optimal developmental progress in infants. The Program is directed to those interested in working effectively in the field of infant development, prevention and/or early intervention with infants with special needs, and with infants living in high-risk environments.
The Certificate program consists of courses that include theoretical concepts, current research, experiential exercises, video vignettes, peer consultation and role-playing. Participants will develop intervention skills to encourage positive parent-child interactions and promote optimal development in infants.
• Course #1: Context of Development and Intervention: Influence of Parents, Family, Community, Culture and Other Factors (B+)
• Course #2: Child Contributions to Development (A)
• Course #3: The Parent/Child Relationship and Parenting (A)
• Course #4: Infant and Toddler Development (A)
• Course #5: High-Risk Parenting (B)
• Course #6: Assessment of Child, Parent, Interaction and Context (A)
• Course #7: Prevention and Early Intervention Strategies (A)
• Course #8: Practitioner Self Awareness and Professional Development (A)

This course had a lot of good information and I'm not sorry I took it! However, that said, I'm am glad I'm officially done! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment