Monday, May 2, 2011

Here are two of my favorite old school recipes for you….

The Best Tea Biscuits Ever!
By Michelle Carmichael
This is my Tea Biscuit recipe. For those of you who love biscuits and think you can't make them try this recipe you'll be delighted!
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons of sugar
a dash of salt
1/2 cup of Margarine (1 square)
1 egg mixed with milk to fill 1 cup
Mix dry ingredients with margarine, then add egg/milk mixture and mix well.
Knead press out and cut.
*May add grated cheese* It's the bomb! (About a cup)
bake at 350 till light golden....yummy!!!


Banana Loaf *(VERY GOOD)*
By Michelle Carmichael
1 cup butter
2 cup sugar (creamed together)
4 eggs
6 mashed bananas
1 tbsp vanilla
Add above ingredients together
3 cup flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda (level)
Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour into two small loaf pans and bake at 350 for an hour.

Let me know if you try them and like them! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Robena Clark Recipes sound some good! Now I know what I want the next time I visit. The biscuits would be awesome for breakfast. I'll bring the freezer jam!

    Michelle Carmichael DONE!!!!

    ReplyDelete