Thursday, June 5, 2014

NXT Takeover took May 29, 2014. . . Yeah I missed it!

I have a love/hate relationship going on with the WWE right now. I’m Canadian and cannot get the WWE Network, which leaves me hanging on some of the good stuff. I am a fan of NXT, a weekly watcher that runs a recap for each show, so you can imagine my disappointment when I wasn’t able to watch NXT Takeover!


Check Out the rest of the article by clicking the link below or continue reading: 



I’ve been bellyaching since the week leading up to Takeover when I discovered I wasn’t getting to see it, but I have officially come to grips with that fact enough to sit and write about it. I just don’t think it’s fair that I’m relegated to watching YouTube clips and reading other people’s recaps (Because as you know Fans Talk Wrestling recaps are the best!). Anyway, enough with the whining and complaining.

I’ve only heard good things about Takeover and what I saw seemed pretty  fantastic. Perhaps next time, we Canadians will get to see the cool stuff one way or another. (I would of bought it as a PPV. Just throwing it out there.)

Here is a little run down on the things I’m sad I missed! I took the pictures with my phone while watching the matches on YouTube so they would be original.


Adam Rose defeated Camacho
Singles match


The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) defeated El Local and Kalisto
Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship


Tyler Breeze defeated Sami Zayn
Singles match to determine the number one contender to the NXT Championship


This, by the way, is the match I most wanted to see in its totality! Just saying!
Charlotte (with Ric Flair) defeated Natalya (with Bret Hart)
Singles match for the vacant NXT Women’s Championship


Adrian Neville defeated Tyson Kidd
Singles match for the NXT Championship

All in all, these Superstars and Divas appeared to have given their all to impress the WWE Universe around the globe. I’m disappointed I didn’t see all of it, but am delighted that everyone who saw it got to see what I see every week. These guys are going places!




No comments:

Post a Comment