Monday, March 5, 2012

Shoes, Bags, Patience & Relationships


some of my shoes...


some of my bags...

So Galatians 5:22-23 tells us: but the spiritual nature produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no laws against things like that.

So a week ago today I made this decision in my life to work on myself and try to work out some other stuff that was going on. Now a week later I’m so ready for it to be all taken care of. If God could please wave His magic wand and make everything perfect that would be great!! In Galatians it talks about one of those attributes of the spiritual nature being patience…well darn, I must lost that one along the way. I am no more patient then I am a shoe and bag hatter! (for those who have been to my place you get the concept) I don’t know if it was the whole being patient for 14 years and then still failing miserably that leaves me impatient now or not. Something in me just wants things right & right now please! No waiting till tomorrow to figure it all out do it up now, get it done! All I know is I’m While I’m attempting to be steadfast it’s not the easiest thing to do! I want to be the best me I can be for God & for others! I want to give you a person who is full of those 9 attributes. A whole emotionally & spiritually healthy person. I know in 2012 it’s not that cool to put your spiritual health on a high priority list, you end up looking like a freak!!! Who wants to look like a freak!!! However giving that since I was 14 I have had a Spiritual call on my life (probably from birth but I heard it at 14) find it really hard to ignore! When I’m not spiritually ok I’m not emotionally or mentally ok either. You are not getting the best me when I’m in the state of limbo with my spiritual side. So here I sit saying I want it all. I want to have a good relationship with God and good relationships with others. Pastor John spoke about that briefly yesterday. How we are measured by our relationship with God and our relationships with others. I want to come out measuring up. That I’m vertically & horizontally sound in my relationships.


Pastor John preaching yesterday!
Pastor John's visuals. Box= Jesus The Corner Stone. Plume line of Righteousness our relationship with God & not in picture Measuring Line of Justice our relationship with others! Good sermon 1 Peter 2:4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment