Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hi I'm Michelle

If you met me in 2009 or 2010 chances are good that you really didn’t get an honest picture of who I was. I had a lot of change going on some good some bad but change nevertheless. With change came a whole thesaurus full of emotions! Some days you would find me wild, crazy and reckless. Other days you would find me angry, enraged, bitter and aggressively confrontational. While sometimes you would see me hurt, broken and weepy. I attempted the first two sets of emotions to cover up and clothe the last set of emotions. So if you did see the last set of emotions in me then the chances are good you were one of the chosen few! It has really taking me two years to feel like myself again. To begin to trust God, other Christians and people in general again. Have I arrived at being the old Michelle, again? No, I’m still a little more cynical, non trusting and not believing in peoples motives. I probably will never be the old Michelle again she died long before 2009 but I just didn’t want to bury her! I tried to keep her around as long as I could but wasn’t successful. My hopes and prayers now is that while she is gone ~ that girl who blindly believed everything and believed the best of everyone ~ a better version of her will come out of the ashes! That new life, a better life will begin! That the pain hurt and loss will make me a better, stronger me than I can hope, believe or imagine as I learn to lean and trust once again…..

No comments:

Post a Comment