Sunday, June 9, 2013

Check out my latest FTW Podcast Opinions Column

http://disq.us/8dgxov



Is Daniel Bryan A Heel Or Just Crazy?

blog-daniel-bryan

If we look at the highlights of Daniel Bryan’s career at WWE we really do see a successful wrestler YES, YES, YES! The titles he has held in the last few years: WWE Tag Team Championship (With Kane, Team Hell No), World Heavyweight Championship, United States Championship; 2011 SmackDown Money in the Bank Winner.
What we have seen from Daniel and Kane in the last year appears to be coming to a close. The initial paring of the odd couple was very entertaining. Dr Shelby’s Anger Management and “Hugging it out” made for many nights of great WWE entertainment. That said the paring has turned both men into somewhat passive wrestlers. With all their anger management & emotionally well selves we have lost the “CRAZY” that makes for a great wrestler and so it’s time for change and that is what we have been seeing since The Shield ended Team Hell No’s eight month title reign at Extreme Rules. Since the loss of The Tag Team Championship we have seen Daniel become agitated and obsessed. Frantically stressing over being the weak link and wanting respect thus makes him a wrecking machine in the ring! I now get totally excited to see what is going to happen when their matches are coming up.
I, for one, have loved seeing Daniel’s wild side the last few weeks!!! He has become an aggressive wrestler again, which is very welcomed in my books.
I had considered Bryan and Kane baby faces throughout their tag title reign.Seth Guttenplan
I would have to agree with him on that note and add that they are Baby faces that showed up, held the title but didn’t generate a lot of crowd energy, therefore change is necessary!
We know Kane can be a Destructive Monster to quote him from SmackDown “I’ve tombstoned a priest, set a man on fire and buried my brother alive” that’s “Crazy!” Now it’s time to see some crazy from Daniel!! I don’t know if Daniel Bryan fits the bill for a full fledged WWE Heel just yet. Do I want to see him go ballistic and totally lose it, absolutely!!! I think both wrestlers alone fit well into the “Crazy” killing machines category but I’m not sure that Daniel Bryan is going to easily transcend into heel material. When I stop and think of WWE Heels Daniel isn’t even on my radar. I think he would be better used as a crazy killer rather than a disgruntled heel. It’s fun to see him mumbling to himself about his insecurities then seeing his insecurities fuel him into being a beast in the ring! I think it works! It definitely goes along with his continual storyline of mental illness, be it crazed because of the AJ psychiatric evaluation incident, the feud and anger management with Kane or the now inferiority complex – obsession with not being the weakest link and being respected. It all screams “Crazy” but not heel and it works!
Be it Heel or be it Crazy WWE is pushing Daniel Bryan and that can only be a good thing!

About Michelle

"I'm the one in the crowd that can't grow facial hair and I'm really glad about that! I love writing and wrestling so here I am! "

No comments:

Post a Comment