Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Bunny, The Bunny, Oh I love The Bunny!

For those of you who are Veggie Tale Fans you know where I got my title from.  For those who don’t know of Veggie Tales COME ON where have you been go check them out on YouTube (after you read my blog of course)!!!

So my story starts Saturday June 15, 2013. . . While at the movies with my kids and Kate I get a photo text of a baby bunny.  My response“Oh, cute” and went on with my adventure.  Then I got a phone call that went like this. . .  “I found a baby bunny in my yard while mowing and it doesn't appear to have a mother.  Also someone hit a rabbit in front of my house the other day.  So do you think you can take it for the night till I find somewhere for it to go??” 

Anyone who has known me for half a minute would know that I’m a total push over and of course I took it.  I told the kids UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are we keeping this and we will be passing it on tomorrow.  Well I feed it with a medicine syringe several times before bed and then twice during the night.  Sunday morning Brad arrives home and I say did you get my text?  His response no my phone is dead.  I say well I kept a baby over night…to which he begins to look for a kicking screaming baby.  I show him the bunny and mouth CAN WE KEEP IT???  Keeping in mind several hours before I had no intention of keeping it however the Mommy instinct kicked in and the night time feedings and cuddling made me love it and want to keep it.  So Brad says sure and quickly becomes the hero with the kids as he said yes to the bunny I said no to.  Off I go to the pet shop on Sunday afternoon and buy a bunny starter kit and several necessary bunny items….  Well “Thumper” quickly became a keeper and loved by all however Monday night about 9pm Thumper passed away.  I cried and cried.  The kids took it better then I did. 

I went on Sussex Buy and Sell Tuesday morning and asked if anyone had bunnies to buy or give away and long story short we have a new pet, Charlotte.  She is a lovely full grown bunny that made her way into our lives.  So from Saturday to Wednesday we have had a roller coaster of emotions in our home and now a new pet. 

Sophia our other pet (cat) HATED the baby she was spitting and growling and didn't want any part of it however she seems perfectly fine with Charlotte and no hissing and growling as of yet.  

Here are some of the photos from the past few days.....











No comments:

Post a Comment