Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Funky Tummy, A Dog and A Fool

  • So Monday I was home sick with the with the funky tummy. Noise, bathroom, pains, not that good of a time. I assumed I was all finished the funky tummy syndrome and returned to work on Tuesday evening from 4-12. I can't say I was "sick" at work but not right in the mid section would be probably an appropriate analogy. Let's say both ends were a tad gassed up with frequent rumbles. Anyhow I came home and went to bed and got up again and did the same thing over working from 4-12 Wednesday evening. Now last night at work I stepped it up a notch with adding chills and a little shakiness to the ensemble. So needless to say I was excited to drive home and get in bed. Which leads me to my next rant....
  • What's up with dogs?? I love my dog, JD by name. It's very original my oldest son "owns" the dog (even though I'm the one that looks after the dog) so when he got the dog he decided to name him after himself. Kind of like a first born, Josiah Dean became JD. I've carried us off topic a bit so let's get back to last night and what I came home to. The precious dog is somewhat of a glutton. He eats all his food then wiggles his way to the cats dish (I have 2 cats) when nobody is looking. Matter of fact I could make supper and give him a plate of it and he would go from that to eating the cat food if given the chance. Earlier in the day I was soaking in the tub and he took advantage of that opportunity to clear the cat dish. So when I left for work and Dean and the kiddies returned to our little domain; good old JD found another opportunity to strike. Dean must of been doing homework with the boys and the dog wasn't being safely guarded from the food he and once again gobbled it up. Now your thinking no biggy Michelle. Really though it was the last of the cat food and at 12:30am going and buy more wasn't an option for me. So I have cans of wet dog food I give the boy for a treat now and then. So at 12:30am I began opening a can and giving a quarter to the cats and a quarter to Mr Glutton. He stays down stairs with the boys at night the cats up stairs with Brooklynn. The food separated by a closed door so all is good. Well this morning when I get up I filled the dogs dish and cats dish with the remaining half a can (they are large cans). After JD finishes his with no remorse he walks into the kitchen and begins to polish off theirs. I've officially deemed him to the basement for awhile. How do you like those bones, JD, HMMM???? Stay in the basement for awhile that'll teach ya!!! Not really though, right, dogs can and will eat anything...which reminded me of a Proverb in the bible. It's Proverbs 26:11 it goes like this; "As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool returns to his folly." Yep, they'll eat anything and given the opportunity they will eat it again.
  • The scripture verse reminds me of something I haven't told you yet, I'm a minister. Yep, that's right fully ordained since July 1998. I preach, I do weddings, funerals, baptisms and baby dedications all that kind of stuff. So in regards to that I'm going to continue on with the above mentioned Proverb...the second part talks about fools and their folly. Not just any kind of fool but a folly filled fool. Now apparently the author of this particular Proverb likens fools to my dumb dog! Fools returning to folly--folly here can be described as brutishness. Are you getting a picture yet??? We know the type maybe personally but maybe more so in the movies, the guys who are not so bright upstairs but able to man handle someone into submission, "Tony says to tell you I'm here for da money if you don't pay up I break your legs!" I'm not really preaching a sermon today. Just commenting on a scripture my dog reminded me of. So for us I guess we should be careful not to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. Constantly regurgitating our dumb choices. I guess we need to choose to move on from the vomit and find something new and fresh! That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment