Friday, February 13, 2009

Things that go bump in the night…..

So at 4:45 this morning I woke to knocking at the door. I immediately jumped up and said Dean there is knocking at the door! Since he is not one of those who can wake up right away or drag themselves out of bed right away I was on the run up the stairs to see who it was. Clothed in my night shirt! Now I would generally stop for a robe if there was knocking. However, in my half asleep state there was no stopping to add the robe. You see the first thing that came to my mind is something happened to Dean’s parents 2 houses up the road. Forgetting once again due to the half asleep state that there is a land phone in our house and 2 cell phones! In Dean’s parents house a land phone and a cell phone all in working order. Now like me you are coming to the realization that there wasn’t trouble at the in-laws.
Nope there is a late teens early 20’s girl standing on my step…..what would you of done?? I opened the door! She said; “oh, my God I was praying someone would answer! I’ve taken a wrong turn off, I’m lost, out of gas and my cell phone is dead!” That is a bad state of affairs for anyone! So I passed her my land line and allowed her to make her call. I have to question the her common sense because the person she called I could hear standing far enough away from her that I’m not giving her eye burn due to my lack of clothing! The “gentlemen” on the other line was drunk and mad that she was at my place hanging out and not there already! Keep in mind I’m hearing this from him while the phone is to her ear! She repeatedly tried to explain her plight to him but due to his fool in his folly state (did you like how I was able to add that from the last blog) he wasn’t getting it! So she hung up on him 3 times and he called MY HOUSE BACK 3 times!!!! At some point between the calls Mr Leavitt arrived upstairs and asked if I needed him. LOL I said; “Could you go get me my robe please!” He complied and then went back to bed! I suggested that she stay on my sofa till morning but she said no I’ll take my chances on getting to 4 corners the gas light has only been on 10 mins. I wanted to driver her but it wouldn’t of really helped because her car would still be here. On the final call of Mr Folly Filled Fool he decided to be Mr Wonderful and come and get her. I mentioned to her that he didn’t sound like he should be driving and she said; “Oh, he isn’t going to drive his friend is he’s not drinking!” I’m not sure I believed that! Anyway she said she was going to wait in her car till he/them came for her. I decided to check the computer and text my friend Shelley (who I knew was up because she was working all night) while I waited for her to leave. She must of got tired of waiting for Mr Wonderful to get here because she left somewhere around 5:30am when he had yet to arrive. She mentioned before she went out if he took a long time she would drive to meet him… I heard from him through the phone across the room that her name was Justine. If you are out there Justine and you happen to read my blog make sure you comment….I’m hoping you are safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment