Thursday, October 20, 2011

How I've missed you....

I haven’t blogged since I went on Summer Vacation the end of August…I went home to visit family and friends. We did that!! The kids favorite part was The Fortress of Louisburg
http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/ns/louisbourg/index.aspx
We didn’t get to see as many family and friends as we would have liked to but we did have a good trip.

Then it was home and back to school Josiah is now in HIGH SCHOOL still can’t believe how time flies. He of course loves high school and the freedom that comes along with that. Getting to go off school property at lunch is a hit.

Jonathan is in grade 5 and we are just now finally finding out his struggles with reading, comprehension and spelling. He has been on a long waiting list since Kindergarten to figure this out. Last year I figured it out and mentioned to the teacher and the resource teacher that I believed he had CAPS they concurred thing I was probably right. Well the testing happened a few weeks ago and I was right. Being right is usually a good thing but this right makes my heart break for my son. He is so smart in everything else, and so talented and so good hearted to see him struggle and see the road ahead hurts me!

http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/ears/central_auditory.html .

Brooklynn is in grade 2 and ahead of the game in her reading. She is so smart with reading its amazing. That being said she comes with her little diva challenges I’ve been to visit her teacher twice since school started! Apparently if Brooklynn doesn’t “FEEL” like doing her work Brooklynn doesn’t do her work. I don’t like math I don’t think I’ll bother doing that. I don’t like my journal work ah, I don’t think I’ll bother. This ends up with forty five mins to an hour long homework session, when the work could have accomplished in class. However we've been making progress after me telling her that there is lots of things in life we don't like doing but the bottom line is we have to. Everyone else in the class has to work so she does too.
However they are 3 awesome kids and I wouldn’t trade them for the world!

Now about weddings….NOT MINE! I got to do a wedding in September for a good friend Sarah Cunningham now Sarah Kay who married Jason Kay it was one of the sweetest weddings I’ve ever done!!! It was very similar to the very first wedding I did Melissa (Lackie) and James Reicker. You know what made them both so sweet was the amount of emotion and love not just showing by the bride but by the groom. I have to say I love it when men show the emotional and loving side of themselves. When they let their guard down and show their love and joy for their mate! It’s awesome and I was blessed to be part of those weddings!

We went to Moncton Sept 14th to see Newsboys, Thousand Foot Krutch, Greg Sczebel, Manifest, Jonny Diaz, Jon Bauer, Bread of Stone, Jodi King, Manic Drive and To Tell! Awesome time!

On September 22 we had team building with Sussex and Area Family and Early Childhood Inc and Talk With Me! Great day; we went on Zelda's boat ride & to Holly's good times!

So now I’ve updated you on the last couple of months! Things to come: I’m starting a course with York University next month and will have a certificate on Infant Mental Health.
http://www.yorku.ca/web/index.htm
Also I’m going on a few training days so expect some blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Robena & Lloyd Clark Michelle children growing up sometimes more painful for Mum than them.

    Michelle Carmichael You are probably right!!!

    ReplyDelete