Friday, February 6, 2015

My Sister Peggy RIP

 My Sister Peggy had a brave fight with cancer and now she is at rest! Jan 11, 1954- Jan 27, 2015 RIP Dear One!


Margaret "Peggy" Carmichael, formally of Ottawa, ON, 61, passed away peacefully at The Moncton Hospital in Moncton, on Tuesday, January 27, 2015.  

Born in Baddeck, NS, she was the daughter of the late William Wilfred and Thelma Carmichael (Forward).

Peggy will be sadly missed by her mother, Thelma Carmichael of Sussex, NB; by her son David Myles; by her two daughters, Charity Myles of Sussex, NB, Rebecca Bridges (James) of Red Deer, AB; by her three sisters, Joan Crocker (George) of new Glasgow, NS, Michelle Carmichael-Clark (Brad) of Sussex, NB, Beatrice Carmichael of Moncton, NB; by her three brothers, William Carmichael (Linda) of St. Albert, ON, Joey Carmichael of Baddeck, NS, Donald Carmichael (Jen) of Baddeck, NS; by her three grandchildren, Samantha, Brooklynn, Matthew.
She was predeceased by her father, William Wilfred Carmichael.



Though there was a 15 years difference between Peggy & me we had a lot of years of closeness.  My heart will always miss and remember her.  When you’re a young teenager and you can borrow you 30 year old sister’s cool clothes for school it’s pretty awesome!  We won’t discuss the mullet she convinced me that would look amazing while cutting my hair, let’s just say I’m thankful hair grows.  Peggy was always out going full of life and willing to take a chance. She was brilliant, in high school she did so well and was so well remembered in her business classes that her teacher was delight to see me sign up for the same classes, that said by the end of the first year of typing that same teacher took me aside and said if you promise to not come back next year I will pass you.  I took the deal!  Now thanks to social media that teacher would be happy to have me in her class, I can type with the best of them!  For me personally I owe her a wealth of gratitude for helping to change my life.  When I was 14 she took me to an evangelistic meeting at the University College of Cape Breton that night I chose to put my faith in Jesus and I can honestly say that night forever changed me.  Life was not always easy and simple for Peggy but she always managed to make the best of bad situations, looking at the good side of things and managing to look good in the process. I always said she could pull of warring a garbage bag and looking amazing.  When I went to see her in Ottawa this past summer she told me not to be upset about her being sick with cancer because she knew where she was headed and was content in that.  Even in the last days when we prayed together she knew where she was going and talking a lot about heaven.  The day she passed I was at home with the kids when we were having supper I asked who is going to say grace and Josiah willingly offered up Matthew, who quickly said OK.  His grace was simple and powerful something my heart needed to hear.  Dear God thank you for this day give Grandma Peggy a good day in heaven.  Amen.  He didn't bless the meal but that was fine his words were definitely something we should all remember well.  Peggy is now free from her pain, free from the pains of this world and having eternally good days in heaven.  

1 Thessalonians Chapter 4  

Comfort about Christians Who Have Died

13 Brothers and sisters, we don’t want you to be ignorant about those who have died. We don’t want you to grieve like other people who have no hope. 14 We believe that Jesus died and came back to life. We also believe that, through Jesus, God will bring back those who have died. They will come back with Jesus. 15 We are telling you what the Lord taught. We who are still alive when the Lord comes will not go into his kingdom ahead of those who have already died. 16 The Lord will come from heaven with a command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the dead who believed in Christ will come back to life. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive will be taken in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. In this way we will always be with the Lord. 18 So then, comfort each other with these words!

Though we are all sad with the loss we have a hope, an eternal hope, have a good forever day in heaven Peggy, we love you.  




No comments:

Post a Comment