Friday, April 26, 2013

Where’s the Justice in CM Punk’s fall and The Shield’s rise?




This weeks column . . .

http://www.ftwpodcast.com/wheres-the-justice-in-cm-punks-fall-and-the-shields-rise/


Where’s the Justice in CM Punk’s fall and The Shield’s rise?


blog-wm29-taker
Is it okay that The Shield have done what CM Punk couldn’t?

Are we seeing WWE serving up injustice at the hands of the very men who claim to fight for justice?

From the time we are in grade school we are taught it doesn’t matter if we win or lose it’s how we play the game! Who thought that up? Of course it matters!
If we look back for a moment at CM Punk life in the WWE we see a wrestler who signed on in 2005, giving Punk now 8 years with the company. Within those 8 years we’ve seen both straight edge & heel gimmicks from a man that continually fought to rise to the top.  Nothing was ever handed to him nor did it come easy. CM Punk in my mind has become the outspoken, sometimes rude, jerk that we have all grown to love. Punk held WWE Championship title for 434 days from November 20, 2011 to January 27, 2013. This officially making him one of the longest reigning champs in professional wrestling.
However, on February 17, 2013 he lost that title to The Rock who is an occasional visitor. Injustice?  I think so.
On April 7, 2013 CM Punk went on to wrestle another occasional visitor The Undertaker, at Wrestlemania 29. Punk was defeated by The Undertaker after a feud fueled by the death of Paul Bearer. Injustice?  I think so.
Now let’s look at this week… April 22, 2013 Monday Night Raw a six man tag team. The Undertaker has come back for a match with his brother Kane and tag team partner, Daniel Bryan. Which was very exciting!!! Anytime I get to see Kane wrestle I’m pleased add a visit from his Brother of Destruction and it’s great!! However, they were wrestling none other than The New Boys In The Ring, The Shield.
The Shield consists of Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. They debuted at the Survivor Series pay-per-view November 2012, 5 months ago. Their theme, “To fight what they perceive as injustice in The WWE.” (To clarify I do realize individually these men have been around longer than 5 months).
So The Shield arrive via helicopter to fight The brothers of destruction and Daniel Bryan. The end result The Shield defeats Kane, The Undertaker and Daniel Bryan. To this I have to say boo! The Shield has been around 5 months and in a six man tag defeated The undertaker! Personally I believe the WWE may as well have slapped CM Punk across the face! He has been around forever and couldn’t beat the streak but in comes the new guys and they defeat The Undertaker. That is injustice!!! The very thing The Shield allegedly fights against.  Now I’m not here standing with my hand on hip shaking myfinger at The Shield saying You Suck!  This isn’t about The Shield, I don’t dislike them.  I just think the opportunity that was afforded them may of been misplaced or premature.
CM Punk walked out of the ring mid rant 8 days after his loss to The Undertaker with no intent on coming back anytime soon. Speculation has it that due to injuries he will not return until late July early August. I will miss him as I’m sure many fans will, but do we really think he will be eager to return? What goal is he returning to accomplish? He has played the game and played it well without the success that is due him. Where, I ask, is the justice in that?

About Michelle

"I'm the one in the crowd that can't grow facial hair and I'm really glad about that! I love writing and wrestling so here I am! "

No comments:

Post a Comment